The Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce honored business leaders at their 101st annual award ceremony on Thursday, and named four new people to their executive board.
The award winners were:
- Darlene Resh – Community Educator of the Year
- Bethany Austin – Classroom Educator of the Year (10:50)
- Graphics Universal Incorporated – Family Owned Business of the Year (16:40)
- Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. – Nonprofit of the Year (24:40)
- Dave Lamberson – Small Business Person of the Year (31:20)
- Duane Kanagy – Chamber Volunteer of the Year (37:17)
- Roger Lund – Adams County Outstanding Citizen of the Year (43:00)
The award ceremony was recorded and can be viewed here (timings in the list above show where the presentation occurred in the video).
New board members elected to serve three-year terms on the board starting January 2021 are:
- Lisa Duffy, UPMC Hanover
- Sarah Dull, Comfort Suites
- Judy Morley, Intuitively Speaking
- Stacey Schlosser, Biggerstaff’s Catering
The enthusiastic board leads the Chamber in serving the local business community.
In the last fiscal year, the Chamber was directly responsible for more than 860,000 online listing displays for member businesses and organizations. The Chamber conducted over a dozen webinars to keep members informed and connected with experts, held 15+ networking events, and celebrated 10 businesses with ribbon cuttings. In addition, The Chamber distributed nearly 200 ‘Open for Business’ signs which was a partnership with the New Oxford Area Chamber.