Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf announced today that 12 more counties, including Adams, would be moved to the green phase of the state’s reopening plan beginning Friday, June 12.
In the green phase all businesses and schools may reopen subject to state and CDC guidelines:
Restaurants, bars, gyms, and theaters many open but only at 50 percent of their before-mandate capacity.
When possible, telework is still recommended.
According to the Pennsylvania’s new county stage monitoring dashboard, Adams County met each of four criteria necessary for moving to the green phase:
- There has been a stable, decreasing, or low confirmed case count in the past two weeks compared to the previous two weeks
- Contacts of cases are being monitored
- Less than ten percent of coronavirus tests have returned positive in the past 14 days
- The hospital bed use is 90% or lower than expected per district population.
The green phase eases most restrictions by continuing the suspension of the stay-at-home and business closure orders to allow the economy to strategically reopen while continuing to prioritize public health.
While this phase will facilitate a return to a “new normal,” it is equally important to continue to monitor public health indicators and adjust orders and restrictions as necessary to ensure the spread of disease remains at a minimum.
Work and Congregate Settings Restrictions
- Continued Telework Strongly Encouraged.
- Businesses with In-Person Operations Must Follow Updated Business and Building Safety Requirements.
- All Businesses Operating at 50% Occupancy in the Yellow Phase May Increase to 75% Occupancy.
- Child Care May Open Complying with Guidance.
- Congregate Care Restrictions in Place.
- Prison and Hospital Restrictions Determined by Individual Facilities.
- Schools Subject to CDC and Commonwealth Guidance.
- Large Gatherings of More Than 250 Prohibited.
- Restaurants and Bars Open at 50% Occupancy.
- Personal Care Services (including hair salons and barbershops) Open at 50% Occupancy and by Appointment Only.
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities, and Personal Care Services (such as gyms and spas) Open at 50% Occupancy with Appointments Strongly Encouraged.
- All Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters, and shopping malls) Open at 50% Occupancy.
- Construction Activity May Return to Full Capacity with Continued Implementation of Protocols.
Charles Stangor is Gettysburg News’s Publisher and Editor in Chief.